For our client, we are looking for an experienced candidate for the position of Welding Engineer.
• Request comment and approve welding books of pressure parts, cladding, some structural elements from suppliers on scopes for which our company is manufacturer (Boiler and its upports /hangers, piping works)
• Check welder’s performance qualifications. Supervise skill tests if required
• Support SQE/SQM teams on welding topics for other pressure parts or structural construction works
• Support qualification of suppliers for welding master’s aspects
• Perform inspection at supplier premises on critical elements.
• Monitor/supervise welding activities (check if WPS are followed properly, extent of NDT per type of weld and welder).
• Participate actively with engineering department to edit and implement welding and quality standards.
• Support company on welding topics with final customer and notified body
• Participate to several type of inspection (WPQ, mechanical testing, NDT…)
• Report of all observed quality non-conformities. Make sure that agreed correction and corrective actions of NCRs are implemented
• Issuing inspection reports.
• Is aware of the HSE requirements relevant to their role, and implements and complies with them
• Relevant professional experience in plant construction or in one of the sub-areas as boiler, steel, apparatus, pipeline construction
• Familiar with main international codes EN15607 / 15609 / 15614-1 / 15614-7 / 12952 / 13480 / 13445 /PED / ASME I / II / V / VIII / IX / B31.1.
• IWE certification required
• Experience in Inconel cladding required
• Experience in low alloy and alloy steel welding and in Heat treatment/ PWHT
• Able to require and comment welding documentation from sub-contractors prior fabrication to ensure that our legal and quality requisitions are respected (our company is manufacturer)
• Experienced working in international projects and environment is a plus.
• Knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques and standards
• Experienced to carry on inspection at supplier premises.
• Cooperation with engineering to edit, correct ITP and Technical specifications.
• Issue inspection and expertise reports
• Good knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Power point)
• Fluent (minimum B2 level) in written and spoken English and Slovak, any other language skills are an advantage
• Hands-on mentality with the ability to work well under pressure
• Good effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Integrative thinking and ability to manage complex and challenging situations/matters and to achieve the best outcome
• Ability to proactively collaborate across different businesses, departments and countries, including communicate effectively across cultures
• Willingness to travel (up to 80%)
• Responsible challenge with diversifisd field of activity
• Team-oriented working atmosphere in an international company with focus on renewable energies
• Modern infrastructure
• Excellent employment conditions:
o employment for indefinite period
o flexible working
Our client is a global leader in delivering complete turnkey plants and system solutions for thermaland biological energy recovery from waste.