For our client - an international investment company that focuses on small and medium-sized companies primarily in the DACH region, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with at least 5 years of professional experience (Big4, leading management consultancies or experience in commercial, finance, operations).
Immediately after a new company acquisition, you will take on various projects to drive a sustainable value growth of the company. You will become responsible for a long-term development of our investments, while closely collaborating with local management team and the Operating Partner. This requires you to develop value enhancement concepts as well as short- and medium-term strategies to tackle various business challenges and to lead operational implementation afterwards. You will work across all relevant areas within the investments and will actively report to company management on value enhancement opportunities.
The challenges are diverse and typical to our investment approach as company invests in the following situations:
- You have dipl. Kaufmann/ Diplom Ing. or comparable business or technical degree
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in one of the leading management consultancies and/or experience in one of the following line functions with the corresponding responsibilities:
o COMMERCIAL: strategic and operational sales excellence optimization, for example clear product and market strategy definition, communication strategy development, or sales controlling and CRM systems implementation
o PROCUREMENT & SUPPLY CHAIN: purchasing and supply chain processes and function optimization and active support in international tenders and negotiation
o FINANCE: facilitating and executing change management programs from restructuring, cash management, project controlling, to overall operational finance processes optimization
o PRODUCTION: production workflow improvements, flow-of-goods and logistics efficiency optimization, change management projects initiation, make-or-buy analyses execution
- You have an excellent knowledge of MS Office package (Excel, Powerpoint) and EDP / ERP systems
- You have a good command of LEAN management principles
- You are proficient in English and German
- You are action-oriented person with “do it yourself” attitude, pursue direct leadership style, and prefer medium-sized companies
- You are self-reliant and a self-started with ability to own your time, plan your priorities and willing to travel
- Result orientation, goal setting and measurement is part of your personality
- an opportunity to work for a major foreign investment company
- gaining international experience
Our client is an investment company and focuses on small and medium-sized companies primarily in the DACH region that show revenue and earnings improvement potential.